The ICT & Software division within Design + is known as the Centre of Research and Enterprise in Interactive Applications Software & Networks (gameCORE).
The gameCORE research centre conducts both pure and applied research, with a focus on Games and Learning (including Games Based Learning and Gamification). It also has research interests in Ambient Assisted Living (AAL), Big Data and Cybersecurity. gameCORE has strong links with industry and has been involved in numerous collaborations, largely funded by Enterprise Ireland and the Irish Research Council. Current collaborations include projects with UNUM, Galvanic and Intuition.
- Game Based Learning
- Technology Enhanced Learning
- IoT Development
- Cross Disciplinary Projects
- Design and Prototyping of Applications
- Multiplatform Computer Application Design, Development and Testing
- Mobile Platform (Native Apps and Web Based) Design
- Game Design
- User Centered Design
- Software for Internet of Things
Equipment and Facilities
- Wide range of mobile devices (iOS, Android, and Windows) for App Development
- VR (Oculus Rift, Vive)
- Motion sensors (Kinect)